Thursday, May 5, 2011

First Post About The Slowest House Reno's Ever

So I wanted to document our house renovations somewhere, and thought that maybe if I put it somewhere that other people would read about it too, I'd be more inclined to do things.  Or to make Jed do things, really.  You know, more motivation than people actually coming over to the house and seeing it in real life.  The internet counts for more than real life, obviously.

Please note that any before pictures are very badly shot.  They were taken quickly when we first toured the house, and I had no thoughts that I would be sharing them with anybody.  With that, please note that any after pictures are probably also very badly shot.  I'm learning.

First up, the bathroom, before:
Don't think it can get any brighter, huh?

Extremely tiny, and it's the only one in the house.  We make it work, though.  The two shelves in the cabinet slide in and out, so that's nice and helps make that small storage space really useable.  We just store Romy's bathtub in the tub when we're not using it, but I'll be glad when she just sits in the tub alone. 

And after:
Bam!  Bright-ass green.



Yes, our bathroom is so small that I don't know how to get a picture of the whole thing at once.  The paint is so in-your-face.  I picked it, but once it was on the wall, it was like "HAI I'M GREEN!!!"  I was originally wanting to do the dining room that color, and I'm glad I decided to do it on a smaller scale.  There's still work to be done, like the floor needs to be replaced.  It's tile that was apparently put in incorrectly (like a million other things in the house), and it's all cracked around the toilet.  We have large bathroom rug covering most of it to keep it down.  We're hoping to get the retro looking black and white small honeycomb tile.  

We also need to buy a cabinet to hang above the toilet.  I found one in pretty good condition at Goodwill that would've gone perfectly with everything, but it turned out to be way too big.  Which is why it's sat on the dining room table for the past two months.  

I need to find something to hang on the wall above the towel rack, though.  It's just a big blank space that would be perfect for hanging something.  I know that all of like two people look at this, but, suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment